Five WoW accounts, one keyboard broadcaster and me.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Battle of the Crimson Watch

After I made that last post here things definitely looked better. Someone asked me if I could help with Ruul the Darkener. I used my warrior instead of Elaire and did that. Then we went on to the Cipher of damnation and I literally had my commands crossed and messed up big time. Then I swapped back to the usual team setup without my warrior and everything went peachy. Kinda nice to know that I can do the Cipher of Damnation finish by myself on the fly now.

After that someone asked in guild chat for the Battle of the Crimson Watch, a demon showdown that follows a drop of the nuisance named patrol through the Path of Conquest in Shadowmoon Valley. I needed that quest done for my team, but had learned to take the 'recommended players: 4' as a practical joke from Blizzard. We gathered a party of guildies plus my team as second party and did it twice, with the only casualty being one of my felguards. I guess average itemization has improved since I did it back in January. Anyway, nice to have the fancy tabards and to bag the 25g each.

I did not bother to reform 'Team Minion' before doing my 10 5v5 rated arena games. In the whole ten games I made about 10 kills. My best game this time around was with a -4 rating. Ah well. I will see how many points I loose due to my lower rating and then consider if I just spent 200g each week to get me closer to the Gladiator's War Staff.

Captn out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you mean 'just spend 200g'? Arena teams do not have to repay every new rating week. Or am i missing something here :).

Grz
Thomas

Anonymous said...

OMG COMMENTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Is there something inherant to your setup that makes PvP so hard? What strats are you trying? What gives you the most problems?

-Xzin

Stephanius said...

@Thomas,

True, you do not have to reform your team weekly, but if I loose my rating and my weekly points payout go down. I can buy a 1500 rating back for 200g. That is what I meant.

@Xzin,

I am demonology spec with points in destruction for shadow bolts. I put points in range extension rather than interruption prevention. The felguards damage can be healed through easy enough, their main benefit is intercept stun for this.

I am rather sure that affliction or full destruction would be much more powerful.

Plus there is of course the fact that I am an arena noob =]

Cheers, Captn.

Anonymous said...

Destro would be very very powerful for bg's (3 locks destro, zomg! :)) but to bad the shadowfury will make targetting bad for you? (uses a targetting mechanism like blizzard/mage elemental pet) The dmg however does not require too muc hdmg gear to be idiotic :).

btw, wtb more pics/movies, from xzin too! :)

Anonymous said...

Xzin here.

Let me actually finish my new setup first :) 4 months of building is nearing completion.

Not exactly sure I would want to FRAPS all 10 zins though :)