Five WoW accounts, one keyboard broadcaster and me.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What is MultiBoxing and why are you doing it?

MultiBoxing means simultaneously playing several characters in an MMORG where a typical player plays only one character at a time. This is a great challenge and great fun.

Before the Burning Crusades WoW expansion I have raided first with my paladin, and then extensively with my warrior as tank. Besides these characters I have a mage, priest, rogue and hunter as 60s, favoring the marksman hunter and the solo dungeon crawling rogue. When BC hit, I first leveled my tank to 70 in prot spec. I was unwilling to swap spec to arms or fury since I enjoyed tanking more than killing. I ended up getting most of my XP from guild instance runs, while doing some questing controlling a shadowpriest and my warrior at the same time. I have replaced my warrior's T2 set with level 70 dungeon pieces and played my hunter halfway to 70.

Yet, this was mostly rinse and repeat of the same old thing. I like the expansion and the new twist on more challenging dungeons, but I am also very frustrated with the lack of killing power on my protection warrior. Grinding gold or quests is tough. I dont want to cry for help all the time.

Out of this situation the idea to have my own private grinding army to support my warrior was born. I had read about Xzin and when doing some research found Ellay's site which offered some more info.

Now, when playing the team I get often stopped by players and queried what I am doing or why these characters are following that character. Usually the answer will be somewhere between 'awesome!' and 'omg! haxx, bots, account seller' with a clear majority on the side of the people who react positively.

In the interest of not wasting the time of the EU-Gamemasters unncessarily, let me address some of the false accusations:
Haxx! No sir. I did not change the WoW client in any way or run any programs that interferes with the client or it's communication with the WoW servers.
Bots! No. Botting means automation of a character so the character can kill and loot or whatever else without a player controlling the character. In essence a bot is a script playing the character instead of a player. None of my characters does anything unless I press a key or or click on anything, exactly like it is supposed to be.
Account Seller All accounts are registered in my name and run on my credit card. I have no intention of violating the ToS by selling any of my accounts.

I do this for my own entertainment, not to impair the entertainment of anyone else.

The interest by the players who observed me prompted me to write down what I encounter. That made my start this blog.

Cheers, Captn.

2 comments:

Jimbob said...

Excellent blog, just getting my lol ret pal up to speed and your pointers on seals blessings etc are really good. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was exploring for, what a stuff! present here at this webpage,
thanks admin of this web site.

my weblog - mc 5 hack