Five WoW accounts, one keyboard broadcaster and me.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

5-boxing in Kara with guild mates

As already mentioned, I planned to find out how doable Kara is for badge farming for my shaman. After asking for interest on the guild forums we went for it tonight. Two mages, one hunter, one resto druid and one resto shaman joined my shaman and my tankadin for this trial run. For the maiden, the druid swapped to a paladin for reliable cleansing of her DoT.

We dropped Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Crone, Nightbane and Curator. Then we worked up to the shade and Illhoof. Due to time running out we just gave Illhoof two tries and then called time. We had one silly wipe on attumen trash, plus the two on Illhoof. I had a few silly shaman deaths due to carelessly overnuking as well.

Overall I dare call this a qualified success and proof that this is a viable option. That Kara can be boxed is nothing new, other boxers have done 2x5 or even 1x10. What I did is easy by comparison, in particular because fully half of the raid completely outgears Kara. I had a lot of fun on this run and we had a couple of WOW moments. For example the Curator trash mobs did not have the time to teleport to the healers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible! I'm genuinely enjoying the style
and design of your website. Are you using a
customized theme or is this freely available to all
users? If you really don't want to say the name
of it out in the
general public, please make sure to email me at: dongtraylor@gmail.
com. I'd really like to get my
hands on this theme! Thanks a lot.

Also visit my web-site :: View here